Internships are crucial for education, training, and professional and personal development of job candidates. As competition for jobs increase, it is even more important for job seekers to seek internship opportunities to prepare themselves as quality candidates for you as an employer.
Internships provide the competitive edge that set job seekers apart from other candidates by providing the practical work experience needed to be successful. When job seekers complete one or more internships, it is an indicator that they have gained exposure and are prepared for the professional workplace. Equally, internships help job seekers build the professional interpersonal skills necessary for success in their careers.
Benefits for Internship Partners
Internships and cooperative education experiences are a great business practice, as they allow you to provide job seekers an opportunity to integrate their classroom study within a real-world work environment. In addition to benefiting job seekers, employers who offer these experiences gain these competitive edge in hiring with these advantages:
Benefit of Partnership
- Ability to screen and work with potential entry-level employees, prior to making a full-time employment commitment
- Gaining an energetic, enthusiastic, and proficient new candidate pool
- Improving the company bottom line: They cost less!
- Job seekers who work for your organization can serve as ideal spokespersons for your organization to their peers
- Interns can bring new perspectives to your organization’s initiatives Opportunity to “free up” your professional staff so they can pursue more advanced projects
- Publicity on all Project IOSH Nigeria Campaign